Here are our ten must-watch events on the Australian sporting calendar this summer.
1. A-League Sydney Derby between Sydney FC and Western Sydney Wanderers.
When: Saturday 24th October
2. V8 SUPERCARS - GOLD COAST 600
When: 23-25 October
3. The 2015 Melbourne Cup - The race that stops a nation.
When: 3pm AEDT on Tuesday 3 November
4. V8 SUPERCARS: SYDNEY 500 at Sydney Olympic Park
When: 4-6 December
5. UFC: ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP
Ronda “Rowdy” Rousey v Holly “The Preacher’s Daughter” Holm - Saturday 14 November @ Etihad Stadium in Melbourne
6. AUSTRALIAN MASTERS GOLF in Victoria
When: 20-23 November
Attracting some of the world's best golfers, the Masters is a truly international event. The annual presentation of the gold jacket has become a notable tradition in Australian golf.
7. CRICKET: Big Bash League Season 5
When: Kicks-off 5 December
8. Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race
When: Boxing Day / 26 December
9. CRICKET: Boxing Day Test - Australia v West Indies at the Melbourne Cricket Ground
When: 26 - 29 December
10. CRICKET: New Year’s Test - Australia v West Indies at the Sydney Cricket Ground When: 3-6 January 2015
11. Sydney International Tennis at Sydney Olympic Park
When: 10-16 January
12. Australian Open Tennis in Melbourne
When: January 18-31