Every year, it's the same thing: Making - and then breaking - your New Year's resolutions. Well we've got some that are too easy (and too important) to break for 2015. Consider these:
- Develop one new health-happy habit. JUST ONE. Very few people succeed in going from zero to 60 overnight. If you’ve spent a lifetime eating a chocolate-covered donut every night for dessert, you’re not going to wake up on New Year's Day and cut out sugar completely. And even if you did, it likely wouldn’t last long enough to have an impact. Instead, choose one thing to do differently… one thing to do better. Small, achievable steps are still steps in the right direction! Maybe start by getting a smart watch like the Moto 360 (which features Moto Body) and track how many steps you take every day. Then, challenge yourself to increase it week-to-week.
- Pick a cause to get behind. Everyone should have something to believe in. Something they support and rally for. Find yours and put a stake in the ground. Here's a good place to start, in identifying your cause-related passion points.
- Take control of your tech. Extend the life of your desktop or laptop by cutting through the clutter. Back up files, trash things you don’t need any more, organize your photos and videos so they’re more easily discoverable, and make your content available to you regardless of device or location, with the REACHit app. And if your tech is beyond the realm of recovery? Replace it with something smart AND flexible for 2015. Like a fancy Yoga 3 Pro!
- Carve out time in your day to meditate. No, we’re not getting all spiritual on you. (Well, maybe a little bit.) Those in-the-know say that even a few minutes a day of quiet, reflective time can make a world of difference on stress levels, time management and creativity. So make time for yourself! Block 5-10 minutes a day on your calendar (in perpetuity!) and stick to it – use the time to close your eyes, tune out the world, and just breathe. Your body (and mind) will thank you. Namaste.
- Re-read a classic. Go here and scan the collection of classic novels. Pick one, and re-acquaint yourself with it. It’s amazing what you'll get out of it the second time around!
There's a reason why we are for those who DO. We're a motivated bunch, always looking for a better way. Join us in 2015 and let's DO great things, together!
Happy New Year from all of us at Lenovo US!