Lenovo Australia has unleashed the New ThinkPad X1 Carbon – the world’s lightest 14-inch ultrabook. Perfect for business users who want a laptop with high performance technology, mobility and durability, the New ThinkPad X1 Carbon joins Lenovo’s premium business portfolio. We've pulled together the top reasons that make the New X1 Carbon the perfect Professional Redefined Ultrabook.
1. Uncompromisingly Thin
Starting at 1.28 kg, the new X1 Carbon is the lightest 14″ Ultrabook™ on the planet.* And at just 17.72 mm thin, it's the thinnest ThinkPad ever. Yet even with a slimmer profile, we still boosted battery life and cooling.
2. Enduring Power
The new X1 Carbon delivers up to 8.6 hours of battery life on a single charge.* And if you do run low, don't fret: with RapidCharge you get 80% battery restored in just under an hour.
3. Patently Cool
Even with its ultrathin design, the new X1 Carbon stays cooler than ever. In fact, we re-engineered our patented fan blades—so X1 Carbon provides the same cool and quiet performance you expect from a ThinkPad.
4. Unbelievably Vivid
ColorBurst display with WQHD, IPS, and an anti-glare screen mean text is crisper, images are brighter, and colors are truer on the new X1 Carbon.
5. Impossibly Precise
X1 Carbon's 10–point multitouch screen improves accuracy, making touch–browsing and selecting more responsive. Plus it's anti–smudge.
6. Liberating Control
Give a multimedia presentation without touching your X1 Carbon. Voice control and 10 different hand gestures change the way you interact with your laptop.
7. Uncommonly Intuitive
X1 Carbon's new adaptive keyboard automatically changes the function keys to match the application you're using. In other words, less keyboard clutter, more function.
8. Practically Indestructible
Constructed with satellite–grade carbon fiber, X1 Carbon is the toughest ThinkPad ever. In fact, we perform eight military specification tests—under extreme conditions—so you can laugh in the face of spills, drops, heat exposure, or anything else life throws your way.
- Vibration and shock-tested to 500Hz. So it can take some knocks without comprimising performance
- Temperature-tested from -20°C to 60°C. Built to thrive in any environment you work in
- Liquid-tested to 500mL and 98% humidity. Perfect for rainstorms, tropical weather, and coffee spills
- Altitude-tested at 15,000 ft. Scale new height-pressure changes will never get in your way
- Particle-tested with 140 mesh silica dust for 6-hour cycles. In other words, dust-proofed to withstand the smallest enemy of productivity
More reasons why the New X1 Carbon is the ultimate business ultrabook:
- Optimised for Windows 8.1 Pro
- Up to 4th Gen Intel Core™ i7 processor
- Up to 8GB memory
- Up to 512GB M.2 SSD
- 14.0" WQHD (2560 x 1440) available with multitouch
- Starting at 1.28 kg
- Carbon fiber construction for ultradurability
See all specs here.